The team at Denver County Vital Records
Birth and Death Certificate Department
|Office Hours and Closures|
|Monday - Friday
*Please note the office does not open until
9 a.m. on the 2nd Tuesday of each month.
|8 a.m. - 3:30 p.m.|
|Labor Day, Sept. 6, 2021||Closed|
|Thanksgiving Day, Nov. 25, 2021||Closed|
|Friday after Thanksgiving, Nov. 26, 2021||Closed|
|Observed Christmas Day, Dec. 24, 2021||Closed|
|Christmas Day, Dec. 25, 2021||Closed|
|New Year's Day, Jan. 1, 2022||Closed|
|Martin Luther King Day, Jan. 17, 2022||Closed|
The Public Health Institute at Denver Health offers multiple ways to order a birth certificate or death certificate including online, in person, or by mail. If you live near Denver and want to visit our office, we are centrally-located and offer quick and easy access.
Whether you are looking to order a new birth certificate, a birth certificate replacement, or a copy of a birth certificate or death certificate, we are here to help.
We issue the following records:
- Certified birth certificates for the state of Colorado from 1905 - present.
- Certified death certificates for Denver County from 1964 - present.
Who can order a birth or death certificate?
- The person named on the birth record, with approved forms of identification.
- Members of the immediate family, with required proof of relationship. To prove your relationship, we accept:
- Birth certificates.
- Marriage certificates.
- Court-approved guardianship paperwork.
- Legal representatives of those named above.
Ways to order:
You can order certificates online, in person or by mail.