The Public Health Institute at Denver Health (PHIDH) is a nationally recognized public health agency committed to innovating practice and improving health for everyone by working with communities and partners. Formerly known as Denver Public Health, PHIDH combines science, education, and social impact to advance public health with communities, provide patient care, and inform the public health care community about ways to improve community health.
- In our role as a convener and collaborator we increase efficiency and effectiveness of the larger public health network through innovation, information-sharing, and best practices.
- As public health educators and advocates we raise awareness, develop skills, and engage the community around healthy behaviors, and promote policies that support healthy living.
- In our capacity as a public health service provider, we leverage our expertise to deliver essential information and clinical care.
- Our work across the spectrum of public health, including our unique connection to Denver Health and its comprehensive health system, enables us to innovate and implement for improvement of public health.
Our services include the following:
- Clinical Care
- Community Health Data
- Educational Opportunities (Denver Prevention Training Center, Grand Rounds, TB Courses)
- Health Promotion Activities
The integration of a public health agency within the Denver Health safety-net health care system is unique; it permits broad integration and coordination of public health and personal health activities (e.g., tobacco use prevention, vaccine preventable disease, maternal and child health, behavioral health, and injury and violence prevention). It also leverages the use of local health data to drive actionable steps to improve the health of metro Denver’s diverse communities.